My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'll buy THAT for a dollar!

Saw a story in the news last night, coming out of Miami, I believe, about a P.E. teacher who has been accepting "bribes" from his students. For a paltry sum of one dollar, Terrence Braxton would let the middle school student skip gym class while still giving the child an A.
I can think of only one word for this kind of conniving, money-hungry, morally questionable scheme -- GENIUS.
I mean, here's this teacher, probably only getting paid about $400 a month, and according to news reports, he scoring an extra THOUSAND dollars with his little plan! I'd call it a pyramid scheme, but since the kids were skipping gym class, maybe I should call it a sphere plan, since that's what these kids will probably wind up looking like.
Personally, I charge my kids $20 in order to skip a weekly math test. Unfortunately, I haven't had any takers yet, so I'm still waiting for my first big score.

4 comments:

Amerloc said...

I make over and over again the mistake of insisting that I get enough money to retire if I'm going to sell a grade. Maybe I should be easy AND cheap...

Mister Teacher said...

But the good thing about aiming high is that you only have to get ONE person to bite. . . :)

Anonymous said...

I totally would have paid a dollar to get out of gym class. Daily.

Mister Teacher said...

Nah, they never do what you suggest. Case in point, I told my kids they should actually READ the test today...