I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Spoiled by warm weather

Yesterday, January 3rd, it was 80 degrees here. My brother and I took his two boys out to the park, where people were in t-shirts and shorts.

Now I know that's not normal for January, but I find myself wondering why it can't last, especially since the forecast calls for lows in the 30s for the next couple of days. Days when I have to resume my 7AM OUTSIDE morning duty before school!!

Yes, we have to go back to school tomorrow. The kids don't -- they return on Tuesday. But we have to go back to attend staff development and see what our rooms look like after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Suddenly having to wake up at 5:30AM again, after spending several nights over vacation staying up UNTIL almost that time is going to hurt like jumping off a 10 story high-rise.

Ugh. Bring the pain.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

niiiiccee 80 degrees. Kinda amazing how easy it was to switch to stayin' up til dawn & then crashing til 11:30ish.

IMC Guy said...

I won't be seeing the 80's here in Wisconsin for quite some time.

Have fun at school tomorrow - we head back as well.

Yes, the Heels lost, but your Dookies lost back in 2008. I bet they'd love to change places with the Heels.

Greg Albing said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it's so cold up here that, and I am not making this up, I hadn't been outside for 5 minutes when my eyelashes started to freeze together. Best of luck on resetting the sleep cycle, but enjoy your 30-degree weather. :)

Almost American said...

After many years of teaching, I've finally learned NOT to jetlag myself over vacations! (At least not the short ones - the summer's a whole different matter!)

Melissa B. said...

Happy New Year, and Happy First Day of School in 2009! That's what I miss most about Dallas...the unseasonably warm weather. And you KNOW it'll be consistently warm by the time the bluebonnets bloom! PS: Just so you know, your word verification "word," which I'm about to type, is "palin."

Mister Teacher said...

well, I think it's supposed to go back up to 98 degrees tomorrow, then snow for Wed morning.

Crazy Texas weather.

Jason said...

The weather's been like that here, also.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin