My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Spoiled by warm weather

Yesterday, January 3rd, it was 80 degrees here. My brother and I took his two boys out to the park, where people were in t-shirts and shorts.

Now I know that's not normal for January, but I find myself wondering why it can't last, especially since the forecast calls for lows in the 30s for the next couple of days. Days when I have to resume my 7AM OUTSIDE morning duty before school!!

Yes, we have to go back to school tomorrow. The kids don't -- they return on Tuesday. But we have to go back to attend staff development and see what our rooms look like after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Suddenly having to wake up at 5:30AM again, after spending several nights over vacation staying up UNTIL almost that time is going to hurt like jumping off a 10 story high-rise.

Ugh. Bring the pain.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

niiiiccee 80 degrees. Kinda amazing how easy it was to switch to stayin' up til dawn & then crashing til 11:30ish.

IMC Guy said...

I won't be seeing the 80's here in Wisconsin for quite some time.

Have fun at school tomorrow - we head back as well.

Yes, the Heels lost, but your Dookies lost back in 2008. I bet they'd love to change places with the Heels.

Greg said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it's so cold up here that, and I am not making this up, I hadn't been outside for 5 minutes when my eyelashes started to freeze together. Best of luck on resetting the sleep cycle, but enjoy your 30-degree weather. :)

Almost American said...

After many years of teaching, I've finally learned NOT to jetlag myself over vacations! (At least not the short ones - the summer's a whole different matter!)

Melissa B. said...

Happy New Year, and Happy First Day of School in 2009! That's what I miss most about Dallas...the unseasonably warm weather. And you KNOW it'll be consistently warm by the time the bluebonnets bloom! PS: Just so you know, your word verification "word," which I'm about to type, is "palin."

Mister Teacher said...

well, I think it's supposed to go back up to 98 degrees tomorrow, then snow for Wed morning.

Crazy Texas weather.

Jason Oller said...

The weather's been like that here, also.