My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, April 28, 2008

Not so confidential info

A couple of weeks ago, I was tagged by our good friend Matthew K. Tabor to complete a meme. I say good friend of course, because a while back he wrote a very flattering review of my groundbreaking novel, Learn Me Good. That, and he just seems like a fun guy overall. Not to be confused with a fungi overall.



Anyway, rule number one of Fight Club, er, I mean this meme is to post the rules of this meme.



RULES:



1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.



So let the fun begin!!



1) What was I doing 10 years ago?



10 years ago would put us in 1998 (see, I like to establish my cred as a math teacher). In 1998, I had just started working for Marlow Industries here in Dallas. I was a project design engineer for a product called a thermoelectric cooler (or as my boss called them, little white things). Ironic how I've gone from TECs to TEKS. With Marlow, I would get to visit customers in Japan, various countries in Europe, and various states in New England. I'll never forget actually having to duck to walk through doorways in Tokyo.



2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):



1. Finish this blog post.


2. Pray desperately for my students' success (and motivation) on tomorrow's test.


3. Watch How I Met Your Mother -- one of the funniest shows out there. It's Legen -- wait for it! Keep waiting! Almost there! -- dary!


4. At least think about writing next week's Mr. Teacher column for my education.com gig.


5. Have my daily internal debate over who's cooler -- Spider Man or Han Solo.



3) Snacks I enjoy:


Cheez-Its Better Cheddars, Pringles, Nacho Cheese Flavored Doritos, Pudding, Ice Cream, Snickers, Reeses, and the list goes on.



4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:


1. Stop worrying about money forever.


2. Buy a hotel in Paris and invite Evangeline Lilly, Shandi Finnessey, Stacy Keibler, Cameron Diaz, and Naomi Watts to visit. Hey, at least ONE of them would have to reply, right??


3. Pledge enough money to Wendy's to bring back the Superbar!!



5) Three of my bad habits:



1. Picking hangnails


2. Dripping sarcasm


3. Hanging gerunds



6) 5 places I have lived:



1. Springfield, Virginia


2. Durham, North Carolina


3. College Station, Texas


4. Dallas, Texas


5. Mesquite, Texas



7) 5 jobs I have had:



1. Looney Toons Land rides operator at Six Flags over Texas


2. Prior art researcher for a patent lawyer


3. Telephone directory delivery supervisor


4. Small appliance sales person at Best Buy


5. Credit card application telemarketer (worst three weeks of my life)



8) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:



Well, I haven't had any dates for awhile now, so I think I'll focus on the ladies...



1. Mrs. Bluebird -- she called me one of her favorite bloggers one time. I acknowledge the fact that she may have been drinking when she said that, but it still puts her pretty high in my book.


2. HappyChyck -- She lives in VEGAS, BABY!! And she seems pretty cool. Though she won my March Monday Madness contest and has yet to send me an address to receive a copy of Learn Me Good!!


3. Mrs. Longhorn -- Another Texas math teacher with a great sense of humor. Of course, you kind of HAVE to have a great sense of humor to be a Texas math teacher...


4. Mildly Melancholy -- Right now a NY teacher, but maybe soon a TX teacher??


5. Rookie Teacher -- Someone who hasn't blogged frequently for a while, but maybe just needs a good rousing!


6. Edna Lee -- Her site, Regurgitated Alphabits, is quite funny, and her posts are long and well-written! Like they say, Nobody Doesn't Like Edna Lee!



OK, now I'm off to comment on these people's pages to fulfill the requirements laid down in the prophecy of yore.


BTW, now that I'm tagging other people, does this meme become a youyou??

9 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Hey, do I get extra credit because I was done first??

Edna Lee said...

Hey, do I get extra credit because I did it at all??

Mister Teacher said...

Um, sure. . .You both get extra credit. Here ya go...

Nacho Lover said...

thanks for the tag! I will be posting soon! :)

youyou, hee hee....

IMC Guy said...

I love to eat the same junk you do! Well done.

Ms. Longhorn said...

OK! I love these types of meme's! Thanks for tagging me!!! :)

rookie teacher said...

Doing mine now!

Clix said...

Han Solo! Oh my GOD, Han Solo. Like no contest at ALL.

Maestro said...

Solo... gotta go Solo. More confident, less whiny. Gets around to making his move on women a lot faster. Best friend doubles as a cushion.