My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Hey everyone, I hope that you all had a wonderful new year, and you're refreshed and ready to grab 2007 by the horns.

Looking back, I had a pretty good 2006. I published a book, I started a blog, I won my fantasy football Super Bowl, I went to my 10 year college reunion, I almost made it into the World Series of Pop Culture, I won a few hands of poker, I watched lots of TV, and I discovered a love for the cranberry.

In the hopes that 2007 provides just as many fantastic experiences, I have decided to make a few resolutions. Here they are, in no particular order:

1) Continue to teach our society's youth the basics and complexities of mathematics -- after all, they are our future.
2) Establish a space base on faraway Pluto. It might not be recognized as a planet anymore, but it still has strategic locational value.
3) Learn a new language. I'm waffling between Mayan and Coptic.
4) Maintain a healthy ratio in my diet between broccoli and pasta. I'm thinking 1:158 sounds about right.
5) Shake hands with James Brown.
6) Create a video for YouTube that will make me a millionaire.
7) Display compassion and patience with the students placed in my care. I'll have to stop snapping them with rubber bands.
8) Discover secret of turning lead into gold. Failing that, discovering secret of turning paper into ketchup would be just as acceptable.
9) Watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended editions) back-to-back. Twice.
10) Host a Carnival of Education here on Learn Me Good. It might be awhile before I'm THAT brave, though.

If you have any resolutions that you'd like to share, as always, I welcome comments.

6 comments:

HappyChyck said...

I think this year I'm going to read your book! No silly resolutions for me like giving up Cherry Pepsi or eating more vegetables--or being nice to students. Let's keep it real!

Airam said...

Sounds like you've got your year nicely laid out in front of you!

I'm done with making resolutions that I won't keep. My resolution this year is to not look to the past anymore or too far into the future. Just to enjoy the moment I'm in!

Mister Teacher said...

Happy, now THAT'S my kind of resolution! But how about vowing to give up vegetables or to drink more Cherry Pepsi?
Maria, I actually had to look into the past to read your comment, so let's not be TOO harsh on the past...

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the whole "Shaking James Brown's hand" one....

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Languages? Go for Coptic. There are still a few people in odd parts of the world who speak it. You might meet up with one of them on your travels in the future.

:-)

Happy 2007!

Mrs. T said...

Don't rule out Mayan, either. There are still people in the Yucatan who speak it.
And? I think you can kiss any hope of shaking James Brown's hand goodbye.
My own resolution is really boring-to organize the mountain of photographs that I have accumulated but not put in any kind of album. Wish me luck.