My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Favorite TV Teachers

Ramblin' Educat has a recent post bemoaning the dearth of realistic portrayals of teachers on television. I have never watched it myself, but apparently Boston Public is not popular with the commenters on his blog. (All I know is Seven of Nine makes for a very hot instructor.)

I also bring into evidence NBC's failed incarnation of Teachers last year. I kept watching, hoping it would get funny, and it just never did.

So anyway, this started me thinking... Who ARE some good teachers that we have watched on the boob tube? Nominations, anyone?

Personally, I would have to say that my favorite teacher was Ralph Hinkley from The Greatest American Hero. White Man's 'Fro and all. That's really why I got into teaching in the first place. It was in the hopes of obtaining mysterious superpowers that I could use to comical effect.

Anyone else?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Magillicutty, also the favorite of Alfalfa, Spanky, Darla, and Buckwheat.

educat said...

Helen Crump

Anonymous said...

How about Mr. Feeney from Boy Meets World... or the guys from Head of the Class?

Anonymous said...

Miss Crabtree!

Ed U. Cater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. T said...

Was Miss Crabtree the teacher on "Leave it to Beaver"? How about the teacher/Andy's girlfriend on "The Andy Griffith Show"? I always loved the pretty blonde teacher on "Little House on the Prairie". (Notice, I'm having trouble remembering any of their names...)
Um, Mr. Kotter?
Remember "The White Shadow"? He was mainly a coach, but also a teacher, right?
Miss Carol Vessey on "Ed" and of course the chubby friend, Molly.
I'm thirsty for a tv drama about teachers. Enough with the doctors and lawyers, already. We've got drama, yes we do! We've got drama , how 'bout you?!

Mike in Texas said...

As bad as the NBC comedy "Teachers" was, I sure did like the hot brunette babe teacher, the one who always wore the low-cut tops.

Mister Teacher said...

Yeah Mike, she's hot, as is the blonde Brit.

Elissa - Show & Tell Reviewer said...

For some reason I liked the teacher on "Head of the Class" back in the 80s. I don't remember the character's name. However, it certainly was NOT due to the attractiveness (or lack thereof) of Howard Hesseman.