My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, January 29, 2007

Education in Texas and Learn Me Good Hit the Big Time

OK, so normally I would be against plagiarism. However, I did just lift the title of this blog post from Mike over at Education in Texas. I wandered over there to see what he had written about our blogs being featured in today's edition of the Houston Chronicle. He didn't write much about the article, but he sure did talk up my book a lot. So I thought I'd say thanks by, um, er, stealing his latest title...

So yeah, a couple of weeks ago, I spoke with this reporter from the Houston Chronicle about being a teacher who blogs. We spoke for a good 20 minutes or so, and I was charming, witty, and debonair. Not to mention a master of nifty adjectives. And low and behold, I was not quoted or even mentioned in the article once. Not once. However, a link to Learn Me Good was featured prominently in a sidebar, so I can't be too disappointed.

And Mike in Texas DID get mentioned and quoted. I liked one of his quotes that was taken from his blog -- "some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue."

I'll have to steal that one from him too...

3 comments:

HappyChyck said...

Neato Frito! Maybe Oprah's next!

Mike in Texas said...

Dude, I was disappointed not to see any quotes from you or mention of your book.

Although I didn't mean to have my post come out as a shrine to your site and book, that's how it came out as I wrote it.

Mister Teacher said...

Thanks to both of you!