My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Where's the party??

Another year done!!!

Oh man, I have been ready for this year to be over since August. And now the summer is officially here!!

Today was the last day of school for the kids, so my partner Ms. Jen Ed and I didn't make them do much work today, instead letting them watch movies, play games, etc. The usual stuff that you would expect to find at a last day of school party.

Except that, apparently, no one realized it was a last day of school party.

After a little over an hour of watching a movie with both classes in the same room, the kids asked me, "When are we going to have our party?"

Then after we had been outside playing for an hour before lunch, they questioned, "Are we going to have our party after lunch?"

After an extra-long recess, followed by games in the classroom before specials class, the kids commented, "I guess we're going to have our party after specials."

I feel for these kids, because I can just picture them in high school and college (assuming they make it that far), hanging out with friends, singing songs, watching movies, drinking adult beverages -- and saying to each other, "I wonder when the party's going to start?"

In other news, there's a great Carnival of Education up over on The Education Wonks. Go by and check it out, and see how many sites you can hit before you realize you're at a party.

Also, please continue to email me with your plans for summer vacation. I'm looking forward to writing an upcoming education.com post about what other teachers (besides myself) will be doing for the next few months.

1 comment:

EHT said...

I guess you have to have mothers, streamers, and cupcakes to equate a party....I guess. We always finish the year with a video and pizza (after lunch of course). I always feel sorry for the poor mom who volunteers to pick up our pizzas for the entire grade level.