Tomorrow is my birthday, so I thought I might make a couple of birthday wishes.
1) That everyone who reads this might go to Amazon.com and order a copy (or 5) of my book, Learn Me Good!
2) Barring that, that everyone might at least go to Lulu.com and read the first couple of chapters of Learn Me Good and talk it up to their friends!
3) That Duke will make the Final Four, seeing as how I just procured tickets to San Antonio this year.
4) That all of my kids will pull their heads out and pass the TAKS!
5) That ABC will decide to prolong the television season so Lost can show their full 8 episodes for this season.
In the meantime, I heard some very interesting things last week related to birthdays and aging. On Friday, my kids were asking me how old I was going to be this week. When I told them I was going to turn 35 on Thursday, I heard three things almost simultaneously.
One of my kids said, "My mom is 23."
Another of my kids said, "My mom is 24."
And a third of my kids said, "My grandmother is older than you!"
My thoughts at the time were that I would certainly hope that their grandmother was older than me, and doing some quick math, that their moms must of been 15 and 16 when they gave birth to the kids in my class!