My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Can't get enough of the Oscars?

Not that I watch them or anything, but I did hear rumors that the Academy Awards were on Sunday night. As usual, I've hardly seen any of the movies up for Best Picture award, so the presentations really just don't mean that much to me.

But, I thought the topic might make for a fun edition of this week's

INTERACTIVE MONDAY!!!

Here's this week's suggestion: Pick a movie, any movie, that you have seen in the theaters this year and assign it your own made up award.

I'll go first. Last month, I saw The Dewey Cox Story: Walk Hard. I hereby bequeath this motion picture with the award Best Movie to Avoid on a First Date, Seeing As How It Contains Scenes of Full Frontal Male Nudity. (and the crowd goes wild)

Your turn!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Alright, I have two small children so I see few movies. But, I loved Enchanted so here goes. It should win Best Movie to Be Seen By All Ages, if You Like Sappy, Witty Movies in which People Randomly Break Out in Song.

Anonymous said...

Also, as a parent...I vote for Alvin & The Chipmunks.

Best Movie To Bridge The Age Gap With Your Children

Unknown said...

as I am not a parent, teen or otherwise, I loved Juno, and would recommend it to all.

Jennifer said...

Now in the category of Most likely to cause you to spew...... the Oscar goes to CLOVERFIELD!

Mister Teacher said...

vllnc88, I agree! Cool movie, but a bit disorienting!
Katie, I didn't think too much of Juno myself, but in keeping with the rules of this game, you have to come up with some sort of award for it! May I suggest Best Example of a Movie Where the Characters Talk the Way Real People Never Do?

Rhea said...

Little Miss Sunshine and Pulp Fiction tie for the award for Best Movie To Not See With Your Very Conservative, God-Loving Grandmother.

I love your sense of humor!

Edna Lee said...

I would like to nominate Vantage Point as "The Picture Most Likely to be Enjoyed by People with Short-Term Memory Loss."

I also would like to nominate Vantage Point as "The Picture Most Likely to be Enjoyed by People with Short-Term Memory Loss."

And finally, I would like to nominate Vantage Point as "The Picture Most Likely to be Enjoyed by People with Short-Term Memory Loss."

Thank you

Mister Teacher said...

Rhea, let's add Knocked Up to that list.
Edna Lee, funny!! Though I do still want to see that movie...

Edna Lee said...

When you do see Vantage Point, be sure you...um... oh hell, I forgot what I was going to say.