My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Sunday, August 30, 2015

First week reflections

The first week of school is in the books for another year, and it was as exhausting, trying, and exhilarating as usual.  Here are a few highlights:


I gave the kids a pop quiz Monday.  It wasn't for a grade, and it didn't even involve any math.  It was really a get-to-know-me icebreaker.  I asked 5 questions about myself that I knew most of the kids wouldn't know, but we had fun with the guesses.  When I asked how old I was, some kids were very kind, guessing ages in the 20s and 30s, while only one guessed anything beyond 50 (53).  Nobody guessed 212, so I was pleased.

Tuesday, I was told that I shouldn't wear pants because it's too hot.  I took care of that problem as soon as I got home.  I was also asked at recess if I had any balls.  This was not because I jumped up onto a table top at the sight of a cockroach, but rather because I hadn't brought any sports equipment down to the playground.

Friday was full of fun, random events.  A little girl asked if I was wearing a wig.  This, despite me getting a very short haircut Wednesday evening.  I heard some kids trash talking at recess.  "I'm gonna tickle you so hard, your momma will feel it!"  Followed immediately by, "Just kidding!"  It was very sweet, gentle trash talk.  Oh, and then there was the boy who screamed at the top of his lungs, "I LOVE YOU, MISTER TEACHER!!  YOU'RE THE BEST MATH TEACHER EVER!!!" before giving me a huge hug.

What will the second week bring?  Only time will tell.

Hey, don't forget you can take 15% off of all t-shirt prices with the code FAVSHIRT from today through Tuesday!





No comments: