My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, August 24, 2015

1st Day Quotes

As first days of school often do, today provided a couple of very interesting quotes from my kids. Some things my kids said that really stood out and really sound odd out of context. 

Frankly, they sound weird IN context. 

First off, it was incredibly hot and humid today. Everyone was sweating like a pig, and a lot of the kids didn't even play at recess, instead choosing to congregate in the little shaded area near the playground. 

One of my kids this afternoon said, "No wonder you're so hot-you're wearing pants!  Tomorrow, don't wear pants!"

Uh, I think the schoolboard would frown on me not wearing pants. 

(And for the record, she meant I should wear shorts instead. If only I could!)

Also at recess, a boy walked right up to me and asked, "Do you have any balls?"

I gave my stock response (yes, I've received similar questions before) of "Excuse me?"

He wanted to know if I had any sporting equipment he could borrow. 

First days of school. Always keep you on your toes. 

No comments: