My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Storm troopers tattling on Spiderman?

Hey everyone,

I am finally back in Texas after my whirlwind tour of both coasts. I can't say that the 100 plus degree weather is exactly a welcome thing.

First off, let me direct everyone's attention toward this week's Mr. Teacher column on education.com, which was written with the help a lot of other teachers. Thank you to everyone who responded to my post from a couple of weeks ago asking about how you handled tattling. The column this week is a nice mash up of everyone's strategies and techniques. Definitely some things to try there.
Now let's get to the good stuff! I had a BLAST in San Diego at this year's Comic-Con! My buddy and I got up real early on Wednesday morning to get to the airport for our flight. The good folks at the security terminal saw fit to confiscate a couple of the items from my toiletries kit, and that put me in a bit of a foul mood. The containers that my shaving gel and hair gel were in were too large to be allowed through the terminal, so I had to relinquish them. When I asked why, the girl said, "It could be a bomb."
I had to bite back a few replies to that one. The first was, "You mean DA BOMB! As in, that hair gel makes me DA BOMB all up in here!"
My second unstated reply was to question why they think that terrorists are incapable of bringing liquids through in tiny containers and mixing them together.

We landed in San Diego, and the weather was fantastic. When we left Dallas, the temperature was 102°. In California, we stepped out to 71°. Ask any of my kids, and they would tell you that was a temperature difference of 173°!

Wednesday night was the "preview night" for the Comic-Con, so we got to check out the exhibit floor a little earlier than some people. It was just my buddy and me and about 20,000 of our closest friends.

We walked the exhibit floor and saw hundreds and hundreds of booths and displays. There were comic books, there were movies, there were spaceships, there were people in costume. It was fantastic.

I got to meet the Black Cat.

I got to see a Cylon!

I got to meet The Cheerleader (well sort of, anyway).

Tomorrow, I'll write about Day 2!

No comments: