My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Friday, December 28, 2007

Oprah drops the ball

As astute viewers of this blog may have noticed, I have taken down the graphic that displays how long it has been since I sent my book, Learn Me Good, to Oprah.

That's right, it was a year ago today that I dropped a copy of my novel in the mail, with dreams of stardom dancing through my head. 365 days later, not even a rejection letter rubber stamped by the big woman herself.

Sure, I can naïvely hope that my book is packaged away somewhere, misplaced in a large crate in some anonymous warehouse, right next to the Ark of the Covenant. And that someday soon, Oprah or some member of her team will happen upon it and declare it the next Great American Novel.

More likely, however, pages 135 through 142 are lining the bottom of her parrot's birdcage.

Oprah, if you're reading this, please at least take a glance at the content before Polly does her business??

2 comments:

Mike in Texas said...

Sorry to disappoint you Dude, but Oprah's cheering for the other team. If you saw her education special she had Bill and Melinda Gates on as the education experts, and they spent their whole time swooning over KIPP schools.

Not one actual teacher was invited on to discuss education

Michaele Sommerville said...

So let's keep the hope alive- WHEN she discovers your book, she'll see the light. And when she does and invites you to the show, you're making sure to get us all tickets to her "favorite things" show taping, right? Happy New Year, keep on blogging.