My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I can't see your SUV--one of my kids is blocking my view

Today's Mr. Teacher column over on education.com is all about the obesity crisis that is affecting American kids. I have had classes before where I can actually feel a difference in gravity when I'm around them.

Head over to the site, and weigh in with your opinion. Pun intended.

1 comment:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

I had a 7th grader laster year who was so obese that he had to sit at a table with a chair, rather than a student desk. Those tables followed him to eighth grade. Every time I glanced over at him the image of Jabba the Hut from Star Wars flashed through my brain. Watching him walk to lunch nearly gave me hives. He'll either be dead of a heart attack by 25 or his knees are going to give out. Amazing. And his Dad is as fit as they come, a retired special ops type.