My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, April 09, 2007

Bargain hunters

On Thursday, which was basically our Friday last week, one of the math tutors who works next door to me came over and told me a funny story.

She had been working on a word problem with some of my kids that read, "Mary went to the store and bought 2 pairs of shoes. Each pair of shoes cost $25. How much money did Mary spend at the store?"

One of my kids, A, leaned over to the tutor and said, "Mary should have gone to the Family Dollar store."

2 comments:

HappyChyck said...

That's too cute! I bet that student could have been hooked in enough to figure out how much Mary could have saved by going to Family Dollar. I love those frugal students!

Mrs. T said...

I love me some Family Dollar bargains.