My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Friday, May 26, 2006

The simple life

Oh boy, do I enjoy not having to get up early! Yesterday, even though it was not a school day for the kids, I did have to get up and be at the school by eight for a final teacher preparation day. We sorted our kids into classes for next year, took care of all the final paperwork, and cleaned up our rooms.
But this morning, I didn't roll out of bed until 11:30! So sweet! I got out of bed leisurely, did some yard work, puttered around the house, ran some local errands, and just had a very nice, relaxed day.
Tonight, I have a date with a beautiful young woman (and a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader too!), so the summer vacation is starting off right. Next week, I'll probably have to look into getting my continuing education classes out of the way, but that's the only real "goal" on the horizon for the next couple of months.
I'm not doing summer school, so I'm just really not sure what my blog entries will be like for the next few months. Maybe I'll go back and dig up some memories of people and events from the first semester of this year, back before I discovered the wonderful world of blogging. Or maybe I'll just post complaints about how freaking hot it is down here!
Regardless, it's all good, because -- ITS SUMMER VACATION!

6 comments:

Amerloc said...

Do you suppose that if enough of use complain about the heat it'll go away?

Mrs. T said...

I hope you'll continue to regale us all with your witty anecdotes during the summer- I have no doubt that you'll have an endless supply of material. It's pretty freaking hot up here, too- plus, we've got the whole humidity thing goin' on. It's pretty much like a sauna- just grab your loofah, go out in the yard and exfoliate away!
I leave you with that image....
Anyway, here's to the end of the school year! I still have a week and a half to go.

kontan said...

tomorrow is my last day. wonderful to be at the end isn't it!!!

Mister Teacher said...

Hey Amerloc, the heat probably won't go away, but that's never stopped us from complaining, right? ;)
Kontan, you had Memorial Day off, right? Seems kind of odd that you would have to go back to school for ONE day at the beginning of a week...
And Mrs. T, you must have started later than we did. we have been starting very early in August, but supposedly in two years, that will end, and we will start after Labor Day. Actually, I prefer getting out earlier in the year...

Anonymous said...

OK, who is she?
Your not fibbin' like your old man are you?

----^----

Mister Teacher said...

Relax, it's over. But it was real, and real nice while it lasted...