My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, May 19, 2008

The results are in


The TAKS results came in today, so yet another year's anticipation has ended. Maybe I'm being a little hard on myself and on my kids, but I was expecting the results to be a little bit better.


Out of 36 kids, 29 passed, and 9 were commended. That figures to be just around 80% for a passing rate. Of the seven who did not pass, three of them were within three questions of passing, and one of them truly surprised me. I was pretty sure he would pass, while the others weren't really much of a surprise.


Now, how my school and the district will somehow take these scores and figure out each child's growth from last year -- that's a complete mystery to me.

4 comments:

Nacho Lover said...

80% is great!

get this--our exam was in JANUARY, and the scores apparently came in last week (for admin), but the teachers have still not heard a peep about it. can you believe it?!

Mister Teacher said...

Was it just a scantron type test? Or was there individual essays or writing to score?

HappyChyck said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Nacho Lover said...

it was both. but! the state pays teachers in FEBRUARY to grade the written parts.

...and it's nearly the end of May.

boy, do I love bureaucracy.

:/