My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Thursday, March 24, 2011

To Air is human...

I think that my air conditioning is fixed. I think that because at around 10:40 this morning, I had stepped out of my room to welcome my new class in, and when I stepped back in, it was noticeably cooler. The A/C stopped about 5 minutes later and didn't come back on for the rest of the day.

Thankfully, it wasn't tremendously hot today, but it was stuffy, and pretty warm, and I would have appreciated having some cool air all day long. However, I'm not able to turn my own unit on and off. I'm at the mercy of the powers that be downtown, who sit in their offices and decide when to turn on my air and when to turn it off.

This really upset me today. Up until this point, the unit has been blowing stale air, so that tells me it hasn't been working. But now, I have proof that it's been fixed. So today, I basically received the message, "Your air conditioning is now working! BUT... we don't feel that you are worthy of actually receiving air conditioning."

Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I teach Middle School in Virginia and have AC problems too. Mine runs and we all freeze. Then it goes off long enough for us to get hot (not pleasant with teenagers!). Then, of course, it runs and freezes us again! This happens all year long, whether it is hot or cold outside...

Mister Teacher said...

That is what has been happening with us lately! Except for the freezing us out part...