It's the middle of June, and I am SOO enjoying my time off. People ask me all the time if I am doing/have done/ will do summer school, and my answer is always the same. Heck no!
Here are my top 6 reasons why not:
6) I was scarred for life by Summer School, the movie, starring Marc Harmon and Kirstie Alley.
5) Summer school begins before 12:30, my daily summer wake-up time.
4) I would hate to take away the opportunity for a teacher who has worked all his/her life to get a coveted summer school position.
3) If I taught summer school, I wouldn't be able to do my yearly Australian walkabout in July.
2) I once heard that you had to wear a shirt and tie to teach summer school and that there are 35 kids per class, and there are no lunch or bathroom breaks. I made my decision based on that, and my mind can never ever be changed.
1) It just doesn't pay enough. And by "enough" I mean $3.4 million and a private jet.