My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I Coulda Caught That Pass!

It's almost here!  The final touches have been put on my fantasy football book, just in time for the NFL season to begin.  My book is called I Coulda Caught That Pass!  (a true story about fake football), and as soon as I get my proof copy and am sure the cover looks as good in print as it does on the computer screen, I will make it available world-wide!

I do realize that not everyone is into fantasy football, or even real football.  So this book will not be for everybody.  But hey, other than the dictionary, what book really IS?  However, I hope it will appeal to lovers of sports AND humor as they mix well together.

Here's the cover and the blurb!  Look for it to be released soon!



There is something to be said about fantasy football.  That something is that it is not for everybody.  Those who love it, love it.  Those who hate it, hate it.  Those who don’t care are called spouses.

The name alone conjures up a hybrid image of ESPN and late night Cinemax.  But no, this fantasy is not of the erotic type.  It is fantasy in the sense that it is the only way most of us would ever be even remotely involved in professional athletics.

The first recorded season of fantasy football occurred in 1976, when a young man named…

OK, you know what?  I have no earthly idea when fantasy football officially started, and I really have no inclination to look it up.  That’s not what this book is about.  You aren’t going to find the history of the game here.  You won’t find advice for how to start your own league or tips for drafting a dynasty.  You definitely will not find any ways to sharpen your managerial skills.  In fact, there’s a good chance you won’t find any skill at all in this book.

Instead, what you will find is an inside look at one fantasy football league.  A fly-on-the-wall perspective of ten scrappy managers/everyday Joes – more obsessive than some, less obsessive than most.  A touching story of one triumphant champion and nine complete losers.

Prepare to step into history.

And by “history,” I mean “completely unspectacular events that have happened in the recent past.”

No comments: