My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Another worthless (?) Mnemonic

OK, so maybe I'm just spinning my wheels here, but I tried another silly memory device out on the kids today.

First I asked who liked the movie Toy Story. Of course, everyone raised their hands (including me). So then I made sure that they knew who Buzz Lightyear was. Which they did.

Then I said, "And you remember that part in the movie where he shouts…

‘To the SYMMETRY and beyond!’

And then he hits the little red button on his chest, and his wings pop up, exactly the same on both sides, just like he has a line of symmetry?”

Of course the kids’ first reaction was to argue with me -- "THAT'S not what he says!!!”

But they still thought it was pretty funny and were repeating it a few times.

So during our after school tutoring session, I asked my kids if they could show Mrs. Educator our new way of remembering symmetry, what we could say, and nearly everyone of them busts out with, "May the fourths be with you!”

SHEESH!

I had to bite my tongue not to utter another Buzz Lightyear-ism—

“You are a sad, strange, little man, and you have my pity.”

1 comment:

rookie teacher said...

I LOVE THAT!!!

I'm totally stealing it!