My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, May 23, 2011

Things I would have missed if the world HAD ended on Saturday

Hey, even us stupid Catholics knew that nobody could actually predict Armaggedon Day! Still, there was a small sigh of relief when 6PM (arbitrary time zone, anyone?) rolled around and the globe kept on spinning.

Here are a few things I would really have missed out on if the word HAD ended this weekend:

1) The finale of The Event -- I know that this show has already been cancelled and will not be back next year, but I've stuck with it for this long, I'm going to see it through to the bitter end!

2) Mr. Jim's pizza for dinner tonight -- Mmmmmmm, Mr. Jim's is the best!

3) The Avengers -- by the time this movie comes out, in summer 2012, it will almost be time for the MAYAN prediction of the end of the world, but if I go see The Avengers on opening day, I'll at least get that thrill before dying horribly.

4) Receiving my TAKS scores -- The scores came in today (Finally!), and while I don't think I'm supposed to say what they are just yet, I will say that they were restaurant quality. I'm very happy.

5) Finishing Learn Me Gooder -- I'd hate for the world to end without me even getting a chance to show off such lines as "The Lion King 3 and 7/8: Simba Swallows His Pride."

6) March Madness -- I know it's still a ways away, but without the NCAA basketball tournament, the world may as WELL end!!

7) Having a kid -- I'm still a newlywed, technically, and I'd like to be able to have a kid (or 2). My wife and I have recently started trying. We've put in a lot of quarters, but so far, the claw keeps coming up empty. Maybe we're doing something wrong.

8) Jeopardy -- I still want to be a contestant on Jeopardy before the world ends. Of course, once I'm on, I'd like the chance to spend my winnings before the world ends as well.

9) Mountain Dew -- No more world = no more Mountain Dew. Did anybody else just shed a tear?

Anything else I should add to the list?

No comments: