My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If you're bored, then you're boring

I had a moment in class today where I totally busted out laughing. I just couldn't hold it in.

I was having the kids go up to the board to show how they had done long division homework problems from last night. When they go up to the board, I insist that they talk as they do the problem, telling everyone what they are doing.

[I'm going to change the names here so I don't get anyone in trouble.]

When I called one of my quieter girls, Amanda, up to the board, I told her that she needed to be "Loud Amanda, or L'Amanda." I then referenced the other kids that had already been up to the board, "L'Henry," "L'Wally," etc. Then I told Amanda that she needed to talk loudly enough for Ethan, sitting far from the board, to hear her. I said, "I'll call HIM Sl'Ethan, because he looks like he's about to fall asleep."

The kids all laughed at this and started adding a "L' " to the front of their names. Except for Allen, who announced loudly, "You can call me B'Allen, because I am boring!"

He obviously meant that he was bored, and his wrong choice of words completely cracked me up. That, coupled with the reaction to his announcement from the other kids. I think they too realized that he hadn't quite said what he had meant to say, and they looked at him like he had grasshopper legs growing out of his ears.

While "L'Amanda" worked her problem on the board, I just covered my face with the copy of the homework I was holding and tried to keep my laughter as silent as possible.

Gotta love laughable moments like that.

1 comment:

Michelle Wegner said...

Completely agree. Bored is a swear word at our house. :)