Wow, I just noticed today that I haven't written a post in over a week. Silly me, getting caught up in other things. :)
Here are a few things that have been happening...
- I got strep throat last weekend and was out last Monday.
- We "grew" butterflies in the classroom. Started with caterpillars, saw chrysali one day, and then out popped butterflies. They're at a point now where they need to be released into the wild.
- TAKS test is a week from tomorrow. This week is all review, then it's time to let go of their hands and see if they walk out in front of the bus.
- We apparently don't have to wear ties at work anymore.
- Someone thought it would be funny to put a bottle of glue under one of the bus tires. When it got crushed, it sprayed glue all over me and 2 other teachers, but mostly me.
- Our new air conditioning comes on whenever I am NOT in the room and turns off when class IS in session.
- I haven't worn a tie to school all year.
- The class next door to me got a new kid today -- 10 years old -- who has already started calling his female classmates "The L Word."
And now you're up to date! Go forth and multiply!