My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Let's get our priorities straight

My colleague and friend has written an outstanding editorial piece for the Dallas Morning News, and I encourage everyone to check it out and weigh in.

A key point:

"It is all about priorities, and education just doesn’t seem to be that vital. The government will bail out the private-sector banks and huge corporations in the best interest of the economy and its citizens. Who will step in and help out our children, teachers and schools? Taxpayers will fund a $1.2 billion stadium to have the Cowboys in their back yard. But when it comes time to pay property taxes, many complain because they don’t even have a child in the school system."

Well done, Michael.

2 comments:

luv2teachmath said...

Thanks for posting the link to this article. It's very well written.
www.mrsuggensclass.blogspot.com

IMC Guy said...

Exactly. I just wrote a post today based on the same idea - people don't care about education.

chadlehman.com