My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Welcome to 2011, everyone! So glad you could join us. There were a couple of you I am, quite frankly, surprised to see that you made it this far.

Since today is 1/1, I thought I might make and share a few resolutions for the bright new year. Here they are, in no particular order:

1) I vow to sleep in until at least noon on the first day of the year. (Even as I type this, I am setting this to auto-post at noon, so I don't have to get up and do it)

2) I vow to stop confusing my kids in class so much with references they don't understand, like, "I gotta have more cowbell," "Come on, no Whammy!" or "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!"

3) I vow to exercise more. And not just my mouth and elbows.

4) I vow to finally shoot and publish the video for my Sexy Back parody -- "Chili Mac." I've had the audio recorded for over a year now and still haven't shot the video.

5) I vow to shave more often, if only for my wife's sake.

6) I vow to stay awake during staff development sessions. OK, MOSTLY awake, anyway.

7) I vow to never use the "Mighty Eagle" option on Angry Birds. Though I do think that's a stroke of fiscal genius on the part of the creators.

OK, I think lucky number 7 is going to do it! Anyone who would like to share their own resolutions, please feel free to do so in the comments!

Happy 2011 to everyone!


Michael Dunn said...

You need to learn how to sleep with your eyes open, like I do, during professional development.

lady said...

1> good plan, you should do it every Saturday until you have kids, because you never will again.

2>You'd confuse me with the last one and I am 34.

3> Eh...exercise is overrated.

4>Can't wait to see it.

5>Shaving is over rated. Tell her she doesn't have to shave her legs if you don't have to shave your face.

6>Can't wait to hear how that goes.

7>I have been sorely tempted, but I have also figured out you can find some how-to videos on Youtube.

PamelaTrounstine said...

#2? But why?

Mister Teacher said...

Michael, that WOULD be a useful trick to know.

Lady, that is a line from Robocop. :)

Pamela, I suppose you're right. :)