My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Welcome to 2011, everyone! So glad you could join us. There were a couple of you I am, quite frankly, surprised to see that you made it this far.

Since today is 1/1, I thought I might make and share a few resolutions for the bright new year. Here they are, in no particular order:

1) I vow to sleep in until at least noon on the first day of the year. (Even as I type this, I am setting this to auto-post at noon, so I don't have to get up and do it)

2) I vow to stop confusing my kids in class so much with references they don't understand, like, "I gotta have more cowbell," "Come on, no Whammy!" or "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!"

3) I vow to exercise more. And not just my mouth and elbows.

4) I vow to finally shoot and publish the video for my Sexy Back parody -- "Chili Mac." I've had the audio recorded for over a year now and still haven't shot the video.

5) I vow to shave more often, if only for my wife's sake.

6) I vow to stay awake during staff development sessions. OK, MOSTLY awake, anyway.

7) I vow to never use the "Mighty Eagle" option on Angry Birds. Though I do think that's a stroke of fiscal genius on the part of the creators.


OK, I think lucky number 7 is going to do it! Anyone who would like to share their own resolutions, please feel free to do so in the comments!

Happy 2011 to everyone!

4 comments:

Michael Dunn said...

You need to learn how to sleep with your eyes open, like I do, during professional development.

Anonymous said...

1> good plan, you should do it every Saturday until you have kids, because you never will again.

2>You'd confuse me with the last one and I am 34.

3> Eh...exercise is overrated.

4>Can't wait to see it.

5>Shaving is over rated. Tell her she doesn't have to shave her legs if you don't have to shave your face.

6>Can't wait to hear how that goes.

7>I have been sorely tempted, but I have also figured out you can find some how-to videos on Youtube.

PamelaTrounstine said...

#2? But why?

Mister Teacher said...

Michael, that WOULD be a useful trick to know.

Lady, that is a line from Robocop. :)

Pamela, I suppose you're right. :)