Welcome to 2011, everyone! So glad you could join us. There were a couple of you I am, quite frankly, surprised to see that you made it this far.
Since today is 1/1, I thought I might make and share a few resolutions for the bright new year. Here they are, in no particular order:
1) I vow to sleep in until at least noon on the first day of the year. (Even as I type this, I am setting this to auto-post at noon, so I don't have to get up and do it)
2) I vow to stop confusing my kids in class so much with references they don't understand, like, "I gotta have more cowbell," "Come on, no Whammy!" or "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!"
3) I vow to exercise more. And not just my mouth and elbows.
4) I vow to finally shoot and publish the video for my Sexy Back parody -- "Chili Mac." I've had the audio recorded for over a year now and still haven't shot the video.
5) I vow to shave more often, if only for my wife's sake.
6) I vow to stay awake during staff development sessions. OK, MOSTLY awake, anyway.
7) I vow to never use the "Mighty Eagle" option on Angry Birds. Though I do think that's a stroke of fiscal genius on the part of the creators.
OK, I think lucky number 7 is going to do it! Anyone who would like to share their own resolutions, please feel free to do so in the comments!
Happy 2011 to everyone!