I know that some schools are still in session through Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, but the Dallas school district for the past few years has combined the Thanksgiving holiday with a couple of staff development days so that if you got your mandatory training done over the summer, you get the whole week off!
So I thought I'd be a little interactive here. I want to know, what are you thankful for this year? Please leave your response in the comment section and/or post to your own site.
Personally, I am thankful for the following things:
- Well of course, the fact that the 10 day break from school and the kids is finally here!! (Can I get a "Whup whup!!")
- A beautiful, loving, wonderfully bubbly fiance
- A new wallpaper picture on my phone of Nutcracker Darth Vader
- Incredible friends and family
- The fact that I've returned to playing volleyball without my back breaking in two
- The 2 most awesome sci-fi schows on TV right now -- Flashforward and Fringe
- Turkey and stuffing
- SOME students in my class that actually listen to what I say and apply it
- Black cherry vodka and Mountain Dew (I call it a "Black Mountain")
- My health and job security
I look forward to seeing what YOU are thankful for this year!!