My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I got nothin'

This is what one of my kids actually said the other day in class. We were having a class discussion, and he had raised his hand. Typically, with my kids, they raise their hands and consider being called on their cue to begin THINKING about what their answer might be. As opposed to me calling on them being their cue to STATE their already thought of answer.

So I call on A, and he gets that look like the gears have begun slowly turning -- eyes rolled back in the head, soul has left the body -- but no answer comes out. Just as I'm about to call on the child in front of him, A says, "I got nothin'."

One of those times I had to just stifle the laughter.

Got a few "quick hits" here, as the local sports station would call them.

Someone pointed out to me that there have only been a few entries to the March Monday Madness Contest, and that therefore their chances of winning were tremendous. Since third grade probability is fresh in my mind, as we covered it last week, I have to admit that this statement is true. Let's change that! All you have to do is leave a comment and you're in the running!

Speaking of contests, I won one!!! Bill over at Instructify ran a contest asking teachers to submit their best mnemonic device (QUITE different from their best pneumatic device) for helping kids remember something academically. I submitted the "Punch It up" method of estimation. And it was deemed the best of the bunch! Sometime over spring break, I should be receiving my prize, which is a very awesome sounding MP3 player!

The 161st Carnival of Education is up and running, this week over at The Education Wonks. I haven't completely sifted through it yet, but it looks like there are a lot of really good entries this week.

Even more pertinent is that the 162nd Carnival of Education will be hosted right HERE at Learn Me Good! I've been watching my number of subscribers climb recently, and I hope that all of you who read my blog on a regular basis will contribute to next week's Carnival. It's really a great way to get extra readers and more exposure. If you have a post that you'd like to contribute, send me an e-mail with the link, or use this handy dandy submission form.

Last but not least -- TAKS is over!!! (At least until April)

No comments: