I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!
Monday, November 20, 2006
Things I am thankful for
In the spirit of the season, I thought I would write a post listing some things that I am thankful for. So here goes:
10) I am thankful that despite what my kids say, when the temperature goes from 55ºF to 50ºF, it does NOT in fact represent a 105 degree swing.
9) I am thankful for mandatory weekly staff meetings, every Monday. Without them, I don't know how I would spend that extra hour after school.
8) I am thankful that my kids are finally starting to understand fractions. We are done with 1/2 of the school year, with 2/3 left to go, and my kids are about 12/9 prepared.
7) I am thankful that the Turducken is finally getting its due. Can the emergence of the Tacsagnchilada be far behind?
6) I am thankful for the sheer genius that went into deciding NOT to order a particularly helpful workbook for our kids, but instead purchasing an online license so we can print off our own copies -- without stopping to consider that we can only make about four copies a week.
5) I am thankful that it is finally college basketball season once again! GO DUKE!!
4) I am thankful that only THREE kids in my class have peed in their pants so far this year. FOUR by Thanksgiving is the mark you never want to hit.
3) I am thankful for a class full of polite, well-behaved, respectful children who always put forth their best effort. Well, I'm thankful that I had a dream last night about such a class.
2) I am thankful for the fact that Absolut Vodka looks exactly like water when placed in a used Evian bottle.
1) I am thankful for a full week of no tattling!! Except of course for when my sister-in-law will be tattling on my brother for eating too much turkey and taters.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and have a great, relaxing break!