My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Monday, May 14, 2007

How much for da women??

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week (which I know is pretty much just like any other week). Typically, this is where students and teachers are supposed to say thank you to us for teaching, befriending, and oftentimes just plain putting up with their children.

Fortunately, most of us are used to not being thanked, so we don't get TOO upset when the week goes by without a word said.

However, one of my little girls -- A -- DID bring me an apple and a thank you card last week, which I thought was incredibly sweet of her. Furthermore, she kept asking me today what I would want for my birthday, because she really wants to buy me something.

Usually, when a kid asks me a question like this, I start tossing out completely random and improbable items. So I said I would like to own Disney World. Or maybe an airplane.

To these suggestions, A replied, "Mister Teacher, it needs to be something I could afford! I only have about $1000 in my bank account!!”

So I said, "Hmmmm… I wonder what I could buy for $1000…”

A answered, “I know! I'll buy you a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!”

I started wondering aloud if a cheerleader, or any person for that matter, could be bought for $1000. About half of the kids thought that it was possible.

Later, A got ahold of the team roster picture (which that girl is STILL bringing to class, despite all of the EWWWWWWWWWs that it has brought on) and showed me which one she was going to get for me.

I have to admit, she DID pick the one that I would have chosen myself…


In other news, our technology guru and computer teacher approached me after school today and directed me to view my monthly paycheck online. Upon doing so, I was greeted with a very nice surprise. I have been paid for my services as grade chair!!

At the beginning of this year, we were told that grade chair was going to be an unpaid position. This is pretty much why no one else wanted to do it and I got the honor of stepping up to the plate. But apparently, our principal came through for us, and there was a nice little $500 bonus waiting for us this month!

Somebody asked me what I was going to do with my $500.

I told her I'm contemplating buying half of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader…

5 comments:

HappyChyck said...

Cool for you!

MsM said...

You know, I bet $500 could get you an appearance from a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. NFL Cheerleaders do appearances all the time.

Anonymous said...

I told her I'm contemplating buying half of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader…

right..left?, top..bottom?, front or back?

Mister Teacher said...

I've always been a top half kind of guy...

Artie Ziff said...

I say divide her into individual body parts, then you can pick and choose. Oh, baby, look at that spleen...