My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Personal Financial Literacy

Someone pointed out to me that there was a brand new set of learning standards on the Texas Education Agency website, so I took a look. In addition to being MUCH more specific, and as one teacher put it -- "high schoolish" -- there is THIS
section at the end:

Personal financial literacy. The student applies mathematical process standards to manage one's financial resources effectively for lifetime financial security. The student is expected to:

(A) distinguish between fixed and variable expenses;

(B) calculate profit in a given situation;

(C) compare the advantages and disadvantages of various savings options;

(D) describe how to allocate a weekly allowance among spending; saving, including for college; and sharing; and

(E) describe the basic purpose of financial institutions, including keeping money safe, borrowing money, and lending.


I can't WAIT to teach THESE concepts!

No comments: