My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Narrowing the field

Last month, I posted about the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award and making the first cut, from 5,000 entrants down to 1,000.

Today (finally!), the second critical date has arrived, the one where the remaining 1,000 were winnowed to the top 250.

Drum roll, please...

I am overwhelmed, excited, astounded, and just a bit gassy to announce...

LEARN ME GOOD IS IN THE TOP 250!!!!!!!!

At this stage of the game, the ENTIRE book is read by Publishers Weekly, and they rate and review it. The next cut comes on April 27th, when they narrow it down to 50 entries.

Man, I might not be able to sleep tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Clix said...

Congratulations to you! :D

Almost American said...

From 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 250! Well done! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Natural cures said...

Fantastic news! Gives all us bloggers something to aim for. Keep it up.

Mister Teacher said...

Thank you all!!! I am just super excited to have the book reviewed by Publisher's Weekly! Now hopefully I won't get the one reviewer who only loves period piece chick-lit...