My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

This is why I don't teach high school

Instead of being a COMPLETE bum this summer and doing absolutely nothing except lying around on my couch, I did a little math tutoring. My sister-in-law told me there was a program going on at my old high school, so I jumped at the opportunity to show off my math skills and make a little money.

My experiences are the subject of this week's Mr. Teacher column on education.com. Maybe some of you high school teachers out there can weigh in and tell me if this is what public high school teaching is usually like, or if these kids were just as drained as I was at the end of the school year.

1 comment:

Melissa B. said...

I prefer teaching High School, 'cause I can treat the kids like semi-adults. Of course, they're still children, but I don't have the patience for the little ones--Bravo to those of you who do! BTW--for another look at the lighter side of summer, please tune in to my blog Sunday for another edition of the Silly Sweepstakes! :) You have quite the funny caption-writing capability!