My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Comic-Con Day 2

On Thursday morning, my friend Chris and I thought the shuttle over to a convention center and headed back onto the exhibition floor. As opposed to the intimate gathering from the night before, this time we ran into roughly 150,000 fellow convention goers. Upon entering the door and looking to my right, I was greeted to the site of my very first celebrity -- Lou Forigno! No way that guy ever took steroids!
I made it my goal that day to take a lot of pictures of people walking around in costumes, but more importantly, to take a lot of pictures of me WITH people in costumes.




Thus, my run in with a couple of Biker Scouts:











My visit (albeit too short) with a couple of superpowered gals:











My one-sided conversation with Snake Eyes:











And then some true celebrities! After sitting in on a panel discussion led by Richard Hatch of Battlestar Galactica, I got to meet him upstairs!





Later on, I got to meet another television personality, The Defuser! For anyone who is unfamiliar with this guy, he is the winner of last season's reality show Who Wants to Be a Superhero? As dorky as it sounds, the guy seemed pretty cool, and since he is the guy I had been rooting for, I enjoyed meeting him.









Tomorrow: Day three -- also known as The Day My Camera Died.

3 comments:

Nacho Lover said...

what a fun time! lucky you to meet all those celebrities and fun people in costumes!

but OH NO!!! about the camera death. big sad!!

Mrs. Bluebird said...

Are you like really tall or are those superhero girls really short???

Glad you're having fun!!!

Mister Teacher said...

J, it just lost its charge. I was able to recharge it that night.

Mrs. B, a little of both. I am 6'4", and those girls were probably around 5'5"