My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ladies, The Spider is single once again



The Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, and Sandman -- turns out they were nothing compared to the writers at Marvel Comics.



Spiderman is married no longer.



I saw this story in USA Today today (echo echo), and I couldn't believe my eyes. I used to be a big comic book aficionado, and I actually own the very special issue of The Amazing Spiderman where Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson tie the knot. Shy, nerdy geeks (with and without the proportional strength of the spider) everywhere celebrated vicariously as one of our own was able to score marital bliss with a hot redhead lingerie model.



That was over 20 years ago!!



But now, not only is the marriage over, but it's been annulled -- as only a comic book could annul it. A magical character has completely erased any evidence of the marriage. It's as if it never happened.



I wonder if they will fit this to make Spiderman's meeting with Jackrabbit Man, who was bitten by a radioactive jackrabbit and gained the proportional strength and ability of a jackrabbit, null and void as well.



One can only hope.

No comments: