Here at the end of this Winter Break/Christmas Break/Holiday Break/Whatever you want to call it -- I thought I'd take a moment to put forward my own top ten things about the break. Don't agree? Put your own favorite things in the comments below!
10) No homework/tests to grade -- or if you DID bring some home, you had over 2 weeks to get them all done!
9) You can totally indulge in your basest vices -- for me, they are movies, tv shows, and books, but hey, Bombay Gin and knitting can totally make the list as well.
8) You get to sleep in!! -- at least until your son starts singing the alphabet song and "Let it Go" at 37 dB.
7) No cafeteria food -- unless you happen to be a frequent flier at Luby's or Furr's... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
6) Christmas movies!!! -- Die Hard, Enemy of the State, and Iron Man 3, just to name a few!
5) No dress code at the house -- or at least, a very lightly enforced one.
4) You have a couple of days grace period when it comes to forgetting to write the new year -- Get all of those 2014s out of your system now!
3) You can use the bathroom whenever you want -- no schedule to stick to, no need to maintain a stainless steel bladder!
2) You can gain a few pounds, get a bad haircut, superglue your nostrils together, and no one is going to remind you of it every 5 seconds.
1) Missing the kids -- it's true, absence DOES make the heart grow fonder, and I find myself missing even the biggest stinkers by the time break is done.