My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I hope they have cheeseburgers in heaven

Before we left for break a couple of weeks ago, one of the girls in my class told me that her family was moving to Garland and that she wouldn't be coming back to our school. This is a shame because she is a very sweet girl and I'll miss her.

But yesterday, I was surprised to find that she was not the only student from that class who had withdrawn. Also withdrawing was the boy that I was able to motivate with the prospect of free food.

This boy didn't seem to be able to put 2 and 2 together for the first 6 weeks of school, but when I waved a Golden Corral coupon under his nose, suddenly he was raising his hand, adding and subtracting like a madman, and paying much more attention.

He had started to revert back to his lazy ways in the past few weeks, and I was just thinking about how I needed to dig out the stack of Denny's coupons, when I found his withdrawal papers.

Well, all I can say is, I hope his new school catches on quickly that they need to, quite literally, FEED his knowledge...

1 comment:

Teacher Tom said...

Arg! I just had a pair of twins withdraw from one of my classes. I'd just started getting them where I wanted them so I share your frustration. I can only hope my groundwork carries over to the new school -- I'll even let the new teacher take all the credit.