My wife sells jewelry! Treat yourself to some bling!Treat yourself to some bling!
I am an Amazon.com Affiliate, and I warmly invite you to shop using my store!

Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join HBO Free Trial

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tagging the playground

A couple of days ago, a teacher approached me in the hall and asked if I had a boy named "A" in my class. I replied that I did not, but that I knew who he was and which 3rd grade class he was in. The teacher told me that she thought he might be responsible for some graffiti out on the playground, as some writing had been found on the inside of one of the slides with "A's" name on it.

I asked her what it said, fully expecting her to say that someone had spelled "F-U-K" or "B-I-C-H-T." Instead, she said that the graffiti had said, "A has 25 hot wheels cars. His friend has 19 hot wheels cars. How many cars in all?"

"A" is a MATH graffiti artist!!! SCORE!!! Just kidding, nobody should be defacing the school property. But hey, if you've got to write something onto the side of a public facade, why not let it be something that is likely to stimulate brain cells??

6 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Isn't this known in the trade as a "Teachable Moment"? BTW, my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes features a pretty highLARious snap tomorrow. Please come by and Share the Caption Love!

Almost American said...

LOL! You made that one up, right?

nbosch said...

I'm chuckling.

The Bus Driver said...

44... i think....

Anonymous said...

give him a few years, he'll leave the Good Will Hunting graffiti!

Anonymous said...

Mr Teacher you taught them well.

But let it be known that if vulgar drawings appear in the restroom stalls..I am not responsible.I did not teach them that!

AJ