OK, first of all, THAT'S just not gonna happen. Second of all, that email was almost immediately followed by another email reminding us that Facebook was on the banned web address list for DISD, so we would not be able to access the DISD FB page from school. We were encouraged to enjoy the page and its contents from home or a library.
However, over the past week, I have been having a bit of fun imagining what I could expect to see if I DID become a fan of DISD's Facebook page.
- DISD needs help defeating Don Ramiro in Mafia Wars! Please help by sending grenades.
- DISD is playing Fishworld and discovered this rainbow jewel-encrusted seahorse egg!
- DISD has just let 23 teachers go" (I wonder if any followers would have the balls to "like" that one).
- DISD is friends with RISD, FWISD, and LVISD -- See 148 similar stories
- DISD has sent you 1,500 poker chips!
- DISD hates TAKS!
- DISD has reached Level 15 in Farmworld! Send them a free chicken egg!
And so many, many more.
Hmmm... maybe I should become a fan after all.